[OS X TeX] htlatex not producing png files

Michael Stiber stiber at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 27 05:08:11 CEST 2005

I've a machine with newly installed TeX et al. with i-Installer. The
setup works fine, _except_ that htlatex doesn't convert eps figures to
png. It gets the bounding boxes from the eps files (I can see the width
and height in the html file), but it doesn't actually run gs to produce
the png files. I _can_ generate the png files by running gs by hand,
using the bounding box information from the html. I just re-installed
TeX, thinking that perhaps I needed to install it after ghostscript and
ImageMagick, but still no dice. How can I get this to work?