[OS X TeX] PDF layout that fits PowerBook Screen

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 16:05:04 CEST 2005

I doubt if there's any satisfactory solutions to my following
question, but I am still asking it anyway.

A while ago on this mailing list, someone hinted that there's a
program, Tofu, to convert the layout of a document so each page would
fit the screen like the PowerBook better than the conventional Letter
size layout. By that, it reduces the needs and the repetitive up and
down mouse movement. I tried it for a while, and found the idea was
good. Unfortunately, that program doesn't work well for PDF (not
perfect for complicated text file either.)

This prompts me to ask:

(1) Is there *any* solution alike for external PDF's?

(2) Is it possible to compile my own locally generated PDF's (from
LaTeX) so it would fit the screen of the PowerBook?

Thanks for any input.

JT