[OS X TeX] A Wintel mate to TeXShop

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Fri Sep 23 18:15:34 CEST 2005

> Aside from the fact that WinEDT is shareware and TeXnicCenter is
> free, which would you recommend?
I have tought several LaTeX classes and we always used TeXnicCenter.
The app used to crash very often in a way that the resulting pdf
couldn't be opened in Adobe Reader, so I can not recommend it. If you
have to have a free editor, take a closer look at winshell:
http://www.winshell.de/
I liked it a lot better than TeXnicCenter. Unfortunately I have no
experience with WinEdt. I wonder why noone has mentioned Emacs or --
my favorite -- vim before ;-) (No need to reply to that, just messing
with you)

Stephan