[OS X TeX] romannum package? (therefore package manager?)

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:45:56 CEST 2005

Hi, I would like to use romannum package to generate Roman numerals in
upper cases.  From this ctan page,

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/romannum.html

it says it is included in the TeXLive distribution. My LaTeX is
Gerben's i-installer ( .. that is ... TeXLive, isn't it? Not really
sure.) but I couldn't find this package in my setup.

This brings forth other questions:

(1) I tried to use

\usepackage{romannum}

on Windows with MikTeX engine. It detected the packages needed
(stdclsdv, romannum) automatically, then went ahead to download the
packaged, extracted, and installed them, and then compiled my
document, all in one step.

Is there similar LaTeX package manager on Mac as well?

(2) Is there other way to generate Roman numerals (not the page
numbers as in \roman command)?

Thanks.

JT