[OS X TeX] Italicized/slanted CAPS

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Sep 21 08:05:46 CEST 2005

Le 21 sept. 05 à 04:58, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure if this is helpful: I found "slanted caps" in the following
>>> webpage ....
>>>
>>> http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/fonts/ps-type1/cm-super/
>>
> As usual, I panicked a bit too soon:
>
> The total size of all PFB files is about 57 Mb
>
> This, though, raises another question in my mind: what is the
> relationship of this super package with whatever comes with the i-
> installation? If necessary, where can I read about this?

The CM-Super fonts are PostScript fonts including the EC fonts (the
T1-encoded form of the Computer Modern fonts), plus other characters
for Cyrillic etc. input and additional bonuses. They're useful if you
write stuff in most European languages. Nowadays they tend to be
superseded by the smaller and technically "cleaner" Latin Modern
fonts (which include no provision for Cyrillic input however).

There's a specific i-Package for installing them, so that you don't
have to do any configuration work yourself. And yes, they're big
(about 60 MB).