[OS X TeX] OG 4 and eps export

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 20 21:47:09 CEST 2005

On 20 Sep 2005, at 20:04, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Has anyone else here upgraded to Omnigraffle 4?

Yes.

> It seems to me that export to eps is broken with regards to
> importing the files into tex. The errors I get are of the form: "!
> Text line contains an invalid character", and when I open the eps
> in TextEdit, I see some stuff before the first %!PS-Adobe.

I see the same

> This makes me think it's related to OG trying to put a preview in
> the eps file.

The garbage is only a few bytes (at least in the test I tried just
now), I don't think it is a preview.

> Just thought I'd see if anyone else had seen this and give people a
> heads up.

More importantly: report this to the OmniGroup. This will ensure it
is fixed in the next update (hopefully). The number of report usually
determines the order on the todo list.

In the meantime: use pdf-export and pdflatex (I'd never notice the
broken eps, since I mostly use pdf anyway).

Regards,

Maarten