[OS X TeX] Sync with ConTeXt

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 16 23:59:49 CEST 2005

On Sep 16, 2005, at 10:30 AM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> using TeXShop 2.03 I was very glad that syncing seems to work even
> with ConTeXt's project structure.
>
> But unfortunately it "only" works from source to pdf (well, already
> quite useful):
> Clicking in the pdf has no effect (although my component file
> starts with
> %!TEX TS-program = context
> %!TEX root = ../main.tex
>
> Is syncing with ConTeXt not yet fully supported -
> or is there a work-around for the pdf->source jump  that I don't know?
>
> Thanks,
> Steffen

Howdy,

I hope I'm not asking a silly question here but... is ../main.tex
really the relative path from the ``chapter'' file to the root file?
If the root file is named george.tex and is in the same directory as
the chapter files the line would be

%!TEX root = george.tex

If it was one directory above the chapter file it would be

%!TEX root = ../george.tex

where the ../ meanws go up one directory in the hierarchy.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)