[OS X TeX] OS X TeX newbie needs help installing TeX on non-boot volume

Rowland McDonnell rjmm-lists1 at fireflyuk.net
Mon Sep 12 17:32:08 CEST 2005

> On Sep 12, 2005, at 8:07 AM, Rowland McDonnell wrote:
>
> > Thanks - I might well take a look at that.   I'd need to install
> > Fink and Fink Commander and learn about both of them beforehand
> > which would be quite a lot of work.  I was hoping that the
> > i-installer route would work out easier.
>
> If you want to minimize installation effort, skip Fink Commander and
> stick with the command-line tools, which do the job and have been
> reliable for quite a while.

Thanks for the tip.

If I can learn how to use them, I'll do so.  But I'm not used to being
able to find documentation for command line tools that enables me to use
those tools.

GUIs tend to be worse documented; but one can often figure out what to
do by prodding things at random and measuring what happens.

Cheers,
Rowland.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>