[OS X TeX] Re: Installation order i-packages

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Sun Sep 4 17:29:19 CEST 2005

Bruno Voisin said the following on 4.9.2005 12:41 Uhr:

> The TeXShop web site
> <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/installing.html> recommends the
> following installation order, which I think should be adhered to:
>
> FreeType 2
> libiconv (on System 10.2 [Jaguar]; skip this on System 10.3 [Panther])
> libwmf
> Ghostscript 8 (or Ghostscript 6 if you are using OSX 10.1.5 or lower)
> ImageMagick
> FontForge
> TeX

That's what i meant with "(Texshop HP)" ;-)

> This ensures, for example, that conversion of Latin Modern fonts for use
> with OS X should work (yielding new fonts in /Library/Fonts/Latin Modern/).
>
> Any additional installation like CM-Super or XeTeX should come
> afterwards (given they install in the texmf.local directory which has
> been created, populated and configured when installing the TeX i-Package).
>
> Bruno Voisin

At first, Thanks for your prompt reply

Hm, the strange thing is, all tutorials (e.g.][both only in german,
sorry] http://unimac.switch.ch/students/latex-howto.de.html or
http://janeden.org/page/2547) suggest TeX --> Ghostscript --> CM-Super.

Might be that the difference lies in the complexity of the system.
Making order more or less irrelevant if font or graphic tools are left out.

Greetings
Bastian

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>