[OS X TeX] Double-spacing in captions, address on title page

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Sat Sep 3 18:28:28 CEST 2005

Hi,

This is not Mac-specific but hopefully I'll get a solution here
anyway, I prefer this list.

I am preparing a manuscript for submission to an Elsevier journal.
Elsevier provides a template using their own class, as well as a bst
style (I wish more journals did this). Unfortunately their class does
not meet the requirements of the particular journal I'll be
submitting to (weird he?). I need line numbering and there are
strange interactions between their class and lineno package.
Furthermore I don't know how to get their title page to be numbered,
and I have a couple of other problems as well.

Therefore I'm switching to the memoir class to achieve the look of
their class (plus packages setspace and lineno). I am getting there
except for the following problem: figure captions are not double-
spaced. I read in a FAQ that it was on purpose, but this journal
wants everything double-spaced. Is there a way to do this?

While I am at it, how do people on this list handle addresses on the
title page. I got this to give me the desired look, but it is not
very elegant:

\author{Denis Chabot\thanks{Corresponding author, chabotd at dfo-
mpo.gc.ca, Tel  (418) 775-0624, Fax (418) 775-0740} and Roberta Miller\\
\small{Direction des invertébrés et de la biologie expérimentale}\\
\small{Institut Maurice-Lamontagne, Pêches et Océans Canada}\\
\small{C.P. 1000, Mont-Joli, QC, G5H 3Z4 Canada}

If I did not manually split the address on three lines, it ran off
the page and for some reason dragged the authors far towards the
right edge of the page instead of centered on the page. It seems to
be related to the address being too long to fit on one line. But why
isn't automatically split over the required number of lines and why
does it affect the horizontal positioning of the author names?

I am not very familiar with the memoir class but the manual mentions
"hook commands" for additional elements. I'll explore using this for
a more elegant solution. But any help is welcome!

Thanks in advance,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>