[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 18:58:59 CET 2005

Hi.

On 31 Oct 2005, at 11:01, Thomas Schröder wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> For a few days now I've been having problems with TeXniscope and
> pdfsync. I'm writing my thesis and it's growing on a daily basis
> and somehow I seem to have passed a critical threshhold with the
> size of the thing because one day last week synchronization between
> TeXniscope and TextMate stopped working. When I command-click
> somewhere in TeXniscope I get this as an answer:
>
>     This document do not have syncronization info.
>
> And when I use the TeXniscope provided script to sync from TextMate
> to TeXniscope I'm not taken to the proper location. When I open the
> same document in TeXShop, synchronization works both ways, plus
> TeXshop shows me the synchronization marks, so this is clearly
> wrong. I searched the archives and this seems to have come up once
> last November and the then new version 0.3.2 should have fixed it
> (which apparently it hasn't).
>
> I also use the hyperref package and when I uncomment it,
> synchronization works again. Also, I use a master file and I use
> \include to load all the chapters.

A first suggestio would be to use the dvipdfm option with hyperref, i.e.
\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}

otherwise I do not have any idea why TeXniscope is failing. If you
think it appropriate send me the dvi file (and maybe the tex files)
privately so that I can investigate the problem. Another source of
suggeastion would be to look at the log files in  Console.app.

Best,
massimiliano gubinelli