[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 31 16:43:56 CET 2005

There might be reasons to use the combination TextMate/TeXniscope
that I don't know of, since I have never used TextMate. However, it
is hard to believe that because of the complexity of a document you
have to switch from TS to that combination.

I used TS for a fairly complex book, 400 p., two indices and hundreds
of crossreferences, and TS performed all required actions accurately
with the only exception that I had  to quit and restart it after
approximately  each hour, since it got corrupted due to a bug (in
TS?) related with the pdfkit. Usually this happens only once day, but
using Flashmode accelerates the corruption. But these restarts were
no big deals.

Claus