[OS X TeX] Prevent Acrobat Reader From Opening Files?

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 02:25:58 CET 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 17:15 , Fernando Pereira wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>

>> On Oct 28, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:
>>

>>> I continue to find it unbelievable that a commercial software
>>> company uses such dirty hacks as modifying Safari's bundle.
>>>

>> I second. I thought I had disabled AR and made Schubert the pdf
>> default plugin. I say "I thought" because today AR took over
>> Safari once again...
>>

> Would it make any difference if we put together a courteous but
> firm letter to Adobe pointing out these problems with Adobe Reader
> 7.0.x? It could well be that these objectionable installation
> methods were adopted without much consideration, and customer
> feedback could help bring about a better installation method.

It's always worth a shot.  Adobe does have a bug site:
    <http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html>

I've been requesting a fix to the "Invalid color: colored pattern
specified with uncolored pattern colorspace." problem since 7.0 first
came out; 7.0.5 still has the problem (check your Console and 'asl'
logs to see what I mean), but perhaps if enough people request a fix,
something will change.

Regards,

Justin

--