[OS X TeX] cocoAspell dictionary question

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 21 19:15:08 CEST 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I just installed cocoAspell 2.0.2 for use with LaTeX documents in
> TeXShop and there is one thing about it that has me perplexed --
> what is the difference between the myriad of English dictionaries
> that are installed by default?  I haven't the faintest idea which
> to choose (or does one want to choose all of them?) and the
> descriptions for the various dictionaries are, as far as I can
> tell, largely the same. :-)
>
> Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Gary

Howdy,

With the English dictionaries you can click on the dictionary and
then click on the About this dictionary button and you get some
information about it. Actually, the list of included dictionaries is
the most informative item presented. I've only checked off the last
(US) dictionary and am pretty happy with it. I also have it set to
skip over (La)TeX commands and that seems to work fairly well. You
can add new (La)TeX commands to the list and even determine which
option/required arguments get checked and which are skipped.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)