[OS X TeX] LaTeX with Chinese Characters

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 23:01:50 CEST 2005

Hi,

Jung-Tsung> I was trying to compile a document containing chinese
Jung-Tsung> characters...

You may want to install XeTeX from Jonathan's Kew directory in the
i-Installer.  There's been a recent thread at the XeTeX mailing list
(xetex at tug.org) about vertical and right-to-left typesetting of
Chinese texts.  I've been using XeTeX with Japanese characters
(embedded in a mostly romaji document) and it works like a charm.

Cheers, José

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
School of Mathematics           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553