[OS X TeX] beamer/psnup 4up page

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 18:47:16 CEST 2005

Am 16.10.2005 um 20:56 schrieb David Firth:

> Ingo Reich wrote:
>
>> Hi, what settings for psnup do people us to print out a 4up
>> handout  of beamer.cls slides? I tried the recommended settings
>> (psnup -4 - W128mm -H96mm -pa4 -m5mm -b2mm), but the slides are
>> pushed too far to  the right. Thanks, Ingo
>>

> Not exactly what you asked, but, in case it helps...
>
> For handouts from Beamer slides I have come to prefer 6-up.  I use
> pdflatex and then pdfnup (rather than psnup), via a script file
> "beamer6upA4" that looks like:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> pdfnup --nup 2x3 --frame true --noautoscale false --orient portrait
> --delta "0.2cm 0.3cm" --scale 0.95 $1
>
> This works well for A4 paper.  For "US letter" paper a small change
> makes things fit more nicely:
>
> #! /bin/sh
> pdfnup --nup 2x3 --frame true --noautoscale false --orient portrait
> --delta "0.2cm 0.3cm" --scale 0.96 --paper letterpaper $1
>
> I guess you could adapt that for 4-up if that's what is wanted, and
> if you don't mind pdf.
>
> You can get pdfnup from
>   http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/pdfjam
> if you don't have it already.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think pdfnup is exactly what I'm
looking for. For 4up pages I just had to change 2x3 to 2x2 and
portrait to landscape -- perfect output. And with a binary script
like the one above plus a slightly modified Gerhardt-Applescript the
4up page is just one click away!
Thanks again, Ingo