[OS X TeX] right place for a .map line

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Fri Oct 14 10:56:23 CEST 2005

Le 14-oct.-05 à 10:44, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 14.10.2005 um 08:31 schrieb Alexander Mehlmann:
>

>> Is there a better place to place the
>>
>> map +tu.map
>>
>> line?
>>

> Yes: it's the command line!
>
> Put the MAP file for example into /usr/local/teTeX/share/
> texmf.local/fonts/map/dvips/updmap (sudo necessary), run a 'sudo
> texhash' and finish minutes later with
>
>     sudo -H updmap-sys --nohash --enable Map=tu.map
>
> This line will write an entry into /usr/local/teTeX/share/
> texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg and recreate all MAP files for dvips,
> dvipdfm, and pdftex in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/
> {dvips,dvipdfm,pdftex}/updmap.

The other possibility, if i have well learned Gerben's lessons, is to
place the Map file in

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map

and to run from the command line

updmap --enable Map tu.map

(without sudo, etc.) It's a clean install, that also doesn't risk to
be hurt by a latter update and doesn't need any texhash or mktexlsr,
but it's for a single user's use. If there are other users in your
system, they are not concerned. It works well, I've just checked it