[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Packages release

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:54:57 CEST 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 10:20 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>

>> The last days have uncovered one bug in PDF-TeX (cannot handle
>> whitespace in file name) so TL will have to be rebuilt. It also
>> has made clear to me that trying to support per-user configuration
>> is a mess, so I have removed it from the i-Packages. From now on,
>> I'll only support system-wide configuration in the i-Packages
>> though you can still use per-user configuration from the command
>> line. I have also fixed a related bug in the TeX i-package that
>> appeared when a XeTeX was already installed.
>>
>> The TeX i-Packages and the TeX-fat.dmg have been updated and
>> released.
>>

> I updated last night and my Informal Math fonts no longer work. The
> missing font log says:
>
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+120/600 --dpi 720 ifrm10cm
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+264/600 --dpi 864 ifrm10cm
> mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 2+44/600 --dpi 1244 ifrm10cm
>
> They worked before the recent TeX updates.

Replying to my own message, I decided to try running:

sudo updmap --enable Map iffonts.map

and that fixed the problem I was having so that my informal math
fonts work again. Of course, this brings up the question as to why I
had to run it again after updating TeX. Related to this, I did notice
when updating last night that there is now a font map entry for
informal math. I checked that box during installation -- might that
be the problem?

Any help and insights would be appreciated.

-- Gary