[OS X TeX] Re: [XeTeX] Re: "I can't find the format file `xetex.fmt'!"

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 10 00:27:57 CEST 2005

Am 10.10.2005 um 00:01 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> This will remove personal web2c and fonts/map/*/updmap subdirectories

That's not good! From working with fontinst I have a lot of MAP files
in ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap which I do not want to
install system-wide at once by invoking the install script with sudo.
And I really do not want to wait some minutes until texhash has
finished to be able to check what I've done right now. This is really
no good idea, except you make the cleaner script remove only copies of
the system MAP files, leaving out names from texmf.local tree. Just
imagine there is some work in progress to make the local fonts
accessible by TeX! The recent halfway working state is made available
to all by installing things into the texmf.local tree, further
investigation is needed and will be done (with the nex TeX
installation), and so we have in ~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap
the same names once more.

And it's needed that all non-sys scripts are invoked à la 'sudo -H -u
i-Installer's remains easily afterwards.

A nice thing would be to have an option to press a button and then to
see which 'private' files will get removed.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence. - Jeremy S. Anderson