[OS X TeX] One more time... Lucida Bright installation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 8 02:25:34 CEST 2005

On Oct 7, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Stephen Moye wrote:

> I have created the necessary fonts and put them where they should
> be, did sudo texhash, but still no Lucida. Do I have to run some
> form of updmap to make things work? If so, which?

Howdy,

Yes, you probably have to enable the lucida map files:

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=lucidabr.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=lumath.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=lucidabr-o.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=lumath-o.map

> I am also getting an error when I latex the file (pdflatex does not
> give the error message):
>

> This script has been deprecated. Please call
>
>     simpdftex latex --maxpfb lubrtest.tex
>
> instead.
>
> Help! ;>}
>
> Stephen Moye

In the latest gwTeX altpdftex and altpdflatex have gone away and have
been replaced by

simpdftex tex --maxpfb

and

simpdftex latex --maxpfb

respectively. Go to TeXShop->Preferences Engines tab and replace the
corresponding lines by what is given above. For now make sure you
have the Save Postscript File checkbox turned off (i.e., unchecked)
for now; that's a bug that will get fixed in the next version of
TeXShop.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)