[OS X TeX] emacs app

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Sat Oct 1 23:37:33 CEST 2005

"Kevin Walzer" <sw at wordtech-software.com> writes:

> Emacs is an extremely powerful, general purpose text editor. It is
> useful not just for LaTeX but for computer code (C/C++/etc), HTML
> editing, XML, and just about anything else you can imagine. It is also
> extremely customizable. It also has an extremely steep learning curve
> out of the box. If you are just writing LaTeX files, it might be
> overkill: TeXShop, texmaker, and iTeXMac are excellent choices for a
> LaTeX-specific editor.

I disagree. Emacs with AUCTeX is no overkill. It is the only serious
way to go if you decided to use LaTeX for your work. If you tried
AUCTeX once you will wonder how you ever did without it before.

BTW, I would like to add the yaced project to the binary builds for
the Macintosh mentioned here which is said to be working rather well
under OS X.4.

Regards,
Jürgen.