[OS X TeX] TeX & Mathematica 5.2

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Nov 29 12:21:17 CET 2005

Le 29 nov. 05 à 08:20, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :

> ...and if you want "file" to be stored in the same directory as the
> notebook (and not in the root directory where Mathematica sends it
> by default!!!), use
>
> SetDirectory[ToFileName[
>   Extract["FileName" /. NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]],
> {1},
>     FrontEnd`FileName]]];

Many thanks! I had been wondering for some time how to change that
(inconvenient, IMHO) default Mathematica setting. Now I just have to
figure out how to alter the above code so that the graphics are saved
in a subdirectory Graphics of the directory where the notebook lives in.

> Themis
>
> PS: I apologize for the OT turn of the thread but this obscure
> command has saved me from extreme frustration that I thought it's
> worth sharing.

No need to apologize, that's really useful!

Bruno