[OS X TeX] Hi, an introduction post!

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Tue Nov 29 07:36:36 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Vicky Lamburn wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> A quick email to say hello, as this is my first e-mail to this
> mailing list.  I have been using TeX/LaTeX for a little under a
> week now and I have found it very easy to fall in love with.

[...]

> My first proper document is one about installing Type 1 fonts on a
> Mac OS X system for TeX.

[...]

> http://www.lilserenity.com/FontInstall.pdf (source: http://
> www.lilserenity.com/FontInstall.tex)

Wow! If after a week or so of using (La)TeX you already produce such
documentation, you'll be a real (La)TeX guru in no time!

By the way, the authors of the MinionPro package (something worth to
take a look at):

https://developer.berlios.de/projects/minionpro/

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/minionpro/

recommend LCDF Typetools over fontforge since the former "are able to
create the dotless j glyph. If you use other programs this glyph will
be omitted".

LCDF Typetools version in gwTeX is 2.26. I installed version 2.36 in
my ~/bin directory because with 2.26 you can't check which MinionPro
version you have (something you need to install the package).

Best regards,

Axel