[OS X TeX] Suspicion of TeXShop bug

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Mon Nov 28 20:57:21 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> To add to the stream, I have seen Bruno's problem, intermittently.
> After seeing it a few times, I noticed that that the 'black dot' was
> absent after typesetting, although the displayed (by TeXShop) PDF was
> unchanged.
>
> When I notice this, I either change the file (which usually works), or
> dump the aux files (which always works), and typeset again.

One thing I've noticed is that the console window doesn't always jump
to the front when there is an error (I have show console on error set
in preferences). In those cases, of course, the displayed PDF doesn't
change. I wonder if that's what's happening in some or all of these
cases (it could certainly explain why deleting the aux file might fix
it, if that were the cause of the original error).

Chris