[OS X TeX] Setting up PDFtricks on MacOS10.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 28 20:06:33 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:36 PM, Christopher Allen wrote:

>> If you open up the figure files (file-fig1.pdf, etc.) are they
>> properly cropped? If they are still taking up the whole page there
>> is a problem.
>
> They look fine there. Could it have to do with the file being saved
> with \documentclass and \begin{document} lines? Here's the file-
> fig1.pdf for the first example below:
>
> \documentclass[10pt]{article}
> \input tmp.inputs
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{pspicture}(5,2)
> \psframe[fillcolor=gray,fillstyle=solid,linecolor=gray](5,2)
> \rput(2.5,1){\textbf{TEST}}
> \end{pspicture}
> \end{document}

Ummm... that's the figure's .tex file not the .pdf file. Open the
figure's .pdf file in Preview. Does it take the whole default page or
is it fairly tightly cropped around the figure?

What does the command

which pdfcrop

output in terminal?

If you can, please send me the .pdf file for a figure off-list.

> Even the original test file I was using did this. I get "1
> Hallo      Welt." on the first page. The second page has the figure
> and its caption.

It works fine here. That's why I suspect the figure isn't being cropped.

How old is your version of the TeX package?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)