[OS X TeX] TeXshop program shortcut

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Nov 25 16:40:40 CET 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 7:06 AM, Paul Vickers wrote:

> Hi
>
> I see in TeXshop one can invoke LaTeX with shit/command/L. Anyone
> know how to add a keyboard shortcut for XeLaTeX?
>
> Paul

Howdy,

Umm... no need to curse.

The easiest way to do this is to place the lines

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

at the top of the file. The first tells TeXShop to use the xelatex
engine when compiling the file, so just use Cmd-T and the correct
engine will run, while the second guarantees that the file will be
read and saved as UTF-8. Please notice the spaces around the `=',
they are important.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)