[OS X TeX] Re: EPS files displayed as blank white box with latest TeX version (latex + Ghostscript)

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Tue Nov 22 15:46:34 CET 2005

> Le 21 nov. 05 à 16:30, Markus Hänchen a écrit :
>

>> As I said, I used the Migration Assistant, so everything should be
>> in the same place as before (all .tex and .eps files are in my User
>> folder).
>>

> Again, probably irrelevant, but just in case: when you do an Archive
> & Install of OS X, the whole gwTeX tree in /usr/local/teTeX is
> displaced to a location (/Previous Systems/Previous System 1/usr/
> local/teTeX IIRC) where it is invisible and can no longer be used.
> Which makes me wonder: does Migration Assistant displace the gwTeX
> tree inside /usr/local/teTeX to the new computer, and, if yes, is the
> executable bit of the binaries inside /usr/local/teTeX/bin set
> appropriately and is the ownership correct as well?
>
> Normally, setting the ownership of the gwTeX tree is one of the steps
> at the end of the installation of the TeX i-Package in Expert mode.
> Given the "experimental" nature of TeX compared with other standard,
> GUI Mac software, I must admit I wouldn't have trusted Migration
> Assistant to deal with it correctly and I would have done a clean
> install instead on the new Mac. Or is this what you did?
>
> For example, inside /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
> current/ I get, from "ls -l",
>
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root      admin        7 Nov  2 17:10 latex -> pdfetex
>
> Is it the same for you?
>
> Bruno Voisin

I can confidently say that Migration Assistant does NOT copy one's
TeX installation. I have used it several times either to set up new
macs or in major OS upgrades (Panther->Tiger). That has nothing to do
with each user's library and documents (TeX or otherwise), which are,
of course, copied.

Luis Sequeira