[OS X TeX] Re: EPS files displayed as blank white box with latest TeX version (latex + Ghostscript)

Markus Hänchen youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Mon Nov 21 13:48:23 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I have a lead now. TeX & Ghostscript do not like this part of the code:

'../figure.eps'.

  If I place the figure file in the same folder as the .tex file (or in
a subfolder:'/graphs/figure.eps') it works. Otherwise I get a 'Could not
find figure file' error. (I was 100% certain that I had not seen this
error before today but as I said, 'I WAS certain'.)

Pdflatex does not have any problems with '../figure.eps', nor did TeX &
Ghostscript in earlier versions (Gerben Wierda's TeX from 2005/02/13
20:37:33, with Ghostscript 8 from 2004/01/20 11:01:58).

I'll try to reproduce this on a completely clean install this evening. I
think it is a bug, but maybe it is only a rather undocumented feature
modification. Is there another place where I could report it (or should
just repost it here with a more precise subject line?)

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Hänchen wrote:

> Got no answer so far (because nobody can reproduce it, I suppose), so I
> have to try to solve it myself.
[...]