[OS X TeX] RE: Newbie TeTex font installation

Arno Kruse arnokruse at macnews.de
Fri Nov 18 12:51:28 CET 2005

Am 18.11.2005 um 12:09 schrieb Martin Henning:

> Hey,
>
> On Nov 18, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Arno Kruse wrote:
>
>> "Die Botschaft hör ich wohl,
>> allein mir fehlt der Glaube!"
>> Faust I
>
> seems to me u missinterpreteted the TeX system...
> it is NOT a commercial product u paid for and therefore can expect
> support :)

Oh, I did not want to stake out a claim. But Gerben announced the
resolution of a font problem most of us LaTeX-users suffer from for
years. It would be fantastic, but after all the time I am sceptical.
In Germany we say "Zu schön, um wahr zu sein", the translation may
sound a bit like "too nice to be true". And as Goethe, although he
knew nothing about LaTeX, has formulated this issue so congenially, I
took his words…

Arno