[OS X TeX] Re: Newbie TeTex font installation

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 18 11:04:46 CET 2005

Le 18 nov. 05 à 10:47, Markus Hänchen a écrit :

> All I read about non-CM fonts in LaTeX sounded were complicated to
> me, until somebody pointed me to the 'times' package. The following
> code produces pdfs with Times-Roman, Type 1, True Type (according
> to Acrobat):
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{times}

Deprecated and limited. What you should use:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc} % encoding stuff
\usepackage{textcomp}    % more encoding stuff
\usepackage{mathptmx}    % times for seriffed text
                          % combined with symbol and cmsy for math
% \usepackage{mathpazo}    % same as above
%                          % with palatino instead of times
\usepackage[scaled=.92]{helvet} % helvetica for sans-seriffed text
\usepackage{courier}     % courier for monospaced text

See /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf.

The font got this way (and with the times package as well) should be
PostScript, not TrueType.