[OS X TeX] block comment

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed Nov 16 22:26:02 CET 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 3:45 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> P.S. TeXShop does not like my book; it refuses to typeset it. It says:
>
> This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
> \write18 enabled.
> entering extended mode
> (./TheLaTeXBook.tex
> LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
> Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french,
> german, ngerman, d
> utch, italian, norsk, portuges, spanish, swedish, nohyphenation,
> loaded.
> (/Users/gratzer/Library/texmf/tex/latex/bookmod.cls
>
> LaTeX Warning: You have requested document class `bookmod',
>                but the document class provides `book'.

<snip>
If it won't typeset, it's a problem of the TeX installation. TeXShop
is just an editor that calls Gerben's (or finks) TeX installation
(e.g. using iTeXMac you'd have the same problems). Try pdflatex at
the command line. You'll likely get the same error. You need someone
knowledgeable about why this last line is returned. What was
different in the other installation where it was working?
Joe