[OS X TeX] preview jumps to top of page

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Nov 14 22:50:10 CET 2005

Let me post again my mail from June 3, 2005 in which I offered two
Applescripts to switch easily between these two modes.

Claus

Below are two Applescripts that activate "Single page" resp.
"MultiPage" mode. They should be saved as TeXShop's Macros and
triggered by keyboard shortcuts. In the System preferences the option
"Enable assistive devices" has to be selected.

Claus

do_menu("TeXShop", "Preview", "Display Format", "Multipage")

on do_menu(app_name, menu_name, menu_item1, menu_item2)
     try
         -- bring the target application to the front
         tell application app_name
             activate
         end tell
         tell application "System Events"
             tell process app_name
                 tell menu bar 1
                     tell menu bar item menu_name
                         tell menu 1
                             tell menu item menu_item1
                                 tell menu 1

                                     click menu item menu_item2
                                 end tell
                             end tell
                         end tell
                     end tell
                 end tell
             end tell
         end tell
         return true
     on error error_message
         return false
     end try
end do_menu

--Next script

do_menu("TeXShop", "Preview", "Display Format", "Single Page")