[OS X TeX] preview jumps to top of page

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Nov 14 17:46:32 CET 2005

On Nov 9, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2005, at 1:16 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Right now the only way to not have it do that is to use MultiPage
>> or Double MultiPage as the Preveiw->Display Format. You can move
>> by screen fulls by using Space and Shift-Space in the Preview window.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Of course I have that backwards: use Single Page or Double Page
> rather than MultiPage or Double MultiPage.

Herb,

I had no idea that setting the "Display Format" to "Single Page"
avoiding this jumping problem. Maybe this has been mentioned before,
but it was news to me and it has saved me a ton of eye strain. I used
to use "MultiPage" with a full page in view so that it would not
"jump" and now I can set the magnification to higher value and not
have the page jumping to the top with each typeset.

I still hope that Dick gets this fixed since I prefer the "MultiPage"
view, but now it is not as important as it used to be. :-)

Thank you!

-- Gary