[OS X TeX] problem with pst-pdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 14 15:28:32 CET 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 1:34 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>
> \usepackage{pstricks}
> \usepackage{pst-pdf}
> \pagestyle{empty}
>
> \begin{document}
> \begin{pspicture}(-5.25,-5.25)(5.25,5.25)%
>   \pscircle*[linecolor=cyan]{5}
>   \psgrid[subgriddiv=0,gridcolor=lightgray,gridlabels=0pt]
>   \Huge\sffamily\bfseries
>   \rput(-4.5,4.5){A} \rput(4.5,4.5){B}
>   \rput(-4.5,-4.5){C}\rput(4.5,-4.5){D}
>   \rput(0,0){pst-pdf}
>   \rmfamily
>   \rput(0,-3.8){PSTricks}
>   \rput(0,3.8){\LaTeX}
> \end{pspicture}
> end{document}

I just downloaded the pst-pdf package (and had to update the preview(-
latex?) package too) so I'm not too familiar with it. Once those were
in my texmf tree I had no problem compiling your example using the
ps4pdf engine processing. I originally wrote the ps4pdf engine
because pdfcrop seems to do a better job getting the correct bounding
box compared to the method used in the standard ps4pdf processing:
when glyphs at the border of the bounding box physically extended
outside their defined box (lots of glyphs do that) they were being
partially cut off.

By the way, pst-pdf seems like a very nice package. I wonder if it
and the updated preview package (needed by pst-pdf) could become part
of gwTeX. I have no idea if they are still in a state of flux.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)