[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Thu Nov 10 17:21:14 CET 2005

Am 10.11.2005 um 11:39 schrieb Jérôme Laurens:

> If you want to use synchronization between a pdf viewer and a text
> editor you will have to teach them to speak to each other.
> Unfortunately, there is no default language to deal with synching

TeXniscope does it with an AppleScript, AFAIK. Maybe not as nice,
fast or elegant as in TeXShop or iTeXMac, but it certainly does the
job :-)

> iTeXMac version 1.4 uses shell scripts to communicate with 3rd
> party text editors.

Ah, OK, didn't realize that.

> AFAIR, there is support for alpha and bbedit but not for textmate
> So you must write your own shell scripts to let iTM2 give orders to
> textmate

I think that's out of my league :-)

> I guess the same olds for texniscope

No, in TeXniscope you just provide the path to the editor and its
command line options in the preferences and presto, you're taken to
the source after command-clicking somewhere.

Anyways, I found a solution, I described it in my other message. I
also want to thank you for taking the time and of course, for
bringing us iTeXMac! Keep up the good work!