[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Thu Nov 10 17:13:44 CET 2005

Am 10.11.2005 um 12:41 schrieb Joseph C. Slater:

> Well, I've had it working with iTeXMac in the past (with Emacs in
> X), so, did you make sure you're using the latest pdfsync.sty

Yup.

> (sorry if that's an insulting question).

No, no, that's OK :-)

> It sounds like you have either a file that pdfsync isn't parsing
> well, or an older version of pdfsync (the first few missed a few
> marks... in a long document, I think they accumulate).

I finally found the solution, I described it in my other message. But
thanks for taking the time!

> Try making up a dummy account on your machine and setting it up
> there. I've sometimes found that something weird can happen in your
> own account and trying another account is a good way to test for it.

Yup, I've done that, too, at times. That's one of those things that
are so much better than in the olden days with OS 9, 8 or System 7,
even.

> I'd be happy to try your project out on my machine to see if synch
> works for me. Unless you have another example document that fails,
> I think this is the path you will likely have to take (with me or
> someone else).

Thanks for the offer! That's what I love about this place,
everybody's trying to help and there's such a nice atmosphere! Really
appreciate it!

Bye, Thomas