[OS X TeX] texmf.cnf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 7 21:45:10 CET 2005

Am 07.11.2005 um 21:03 schrieb Arthur Snoke:

> ln -s mypath ~/Library/texmf/tex/misc

If ~/Library/texmf/tex/misc does not exist, this command creates a
symlink ~/Library/texmf/tex/misc which points to "mypath", which could
be ~/Work/Base in Alain's case. It's more detailed than Herb's
suggestion.

As you mention, it works, of course. It only makes the file system's
layout a bit exotic with these 'loop-back' kind symlinks. I'd just move
my working place ...

dvips uses different environment variables to search for its files. One
of them is TEXPSHEADERS, other are some *FONTS. An easy way to retrieve
the values a programme (probably) recognizes is:

	strings `which <programme name>` | grep '[A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]'

--
Greetings

   Pete

   It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
		-- 	Garfield