[OS X TeX] Paper size in pdflatex

Joe Miro joe.miro at uib.es
Tue May 31 14:28:48 CEST 2005

I am writing a book and I want to generate a PDF document with a paper

size of 170 mm x 240 mm. If I put the commands

  \setlength{\pdfpageheight}{240 mm}

  \setlength{\pdfpagewidth}{170 mm}

in the document it gets ignored by GW's pdflatex (the paper size comes

out US letter). Using Google I have found a web page with instructions

on how to modify two files ($TEXBASE/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg and

$TEXBASE/texmf/tex/latex/misc/Vmargin.sty) to achieve the paper size

change. I haven't tried it, and I would rather prefer not to, given

that I only want to change the paper size of this document. Is there an

option or some easy way to set the paper size for only one document?

Thanks.

Joe

---

Joe Miró Julià                           Dept. de Matemàtiques i

Informàtica

e-mail: joe.miro at uib.es                  Campus UIB

                                          SPAIN

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>