[OS X TeX] Is there a bigpdflatex?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun May 29 12:25:56 CEST 2005

On 29 May 2005, at 11:56, Michael Hoppe wrote:

> Thanks, Martin, but the error persists even after an
>
>> did you do a 'sudo fmtutil --all' (no quotes)?
>
> Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
>  65291 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 65536

Apparently not, or this is one of the parameters that is already at
its max.

> I've put the following line
>
> pdf_mem_size = 131072
>
> at the end of /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf

_if_ that is the right parameter, that should settle it. Big _if_
though, because I do not see this parameter in the standard
configuration file.

> Or should I change /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf?

NO! this one will be irretrievably overwritten on a i-Installer rerun
(an update or so). The other file will be replaced as well, but the
copy you altered will be kept as a backup. The file you should alter
overrides the other one.

The reason that I mention this /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/
texmf.cnf file is that all possible parameters are listed there with
comments and allowed limits.

What is the exact error you get? Do you get an error from TeX itself?
(this is before the piece you posted in the previous mail).

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>