[OS X TeX] What encoding should I use?

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Sat May 28 23:26:59 CEST 2005

> The only thing I did was to \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} in my LaTeX-
> Files.

after reading all of your comments, i wanted to find out more about
the limitations of utf-8 via inputenc. i found that it's not
mentioned in the documentation generated from inputenc.dtx, but that
you can generate documentation by running latex on utf8ienc.dtx,
which can be found on ctan.

the documentation is titled "Providing some UTF-8 support via
inputenc", so it might be of interest if people encounter characters
that don't seem to act appropriately.

jan

p.s. i recently switched to textwrangler and i'm very happy with it
too. it compiles tex with the help of scripts (see f.i. maarten
sneep's at http://www.nat.vu.nl/~sneep/tex/ or tom kiffe's http://
www.kiffe.com/textools.html), it has emacs key bindings, saves and
opens files via (s)ftp, very nice :)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>