[OS X TeX] [OT] Mail & Top Posting

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 27 22:35:07 CEST 2005

Le 27 mai 05 à 22:21, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 27 mai 05 à 19:38, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>
>> I know that and I thought I heard that there was an option
>> somewhere to Export the mailboxes and that would produce an .mbox
>> file. I can't find it now... but the last message on <http://
>> discussions.info.apple.com/webx?13 at 385.pb9gaso8YoL.0@.68b06d6a/1>
>> is not very encouraging.
>
> Not sure what it's worth, but: <http://vengefulcow.com/emlx2mbox/>.

It's actually simpler than this. If you got into Mail Help, and look
at "Exporting a message", you'll see at the end:

"If you export multiple messages at once using the Raw Message Source
option, the exported file is in mbox format, and you can reimport it
into Mail or send it to someone else for their review. Only mbox
format can be imported into other applications; rich text and plain
text formats are useful for making backup copies of your mail."

I just tried and it works: selecting for example a whole thread or
the content of a whole mailbox, then "Save As..." and "Raw Message
Source"; take the file so created, move it to ~/Library/Thunderbird/
Profiles/default.wai/Mail/Local Folders/, start Thunderbird. Voilà.
The saved mailbox appears, and its content seems fine (I didn't try
with attachments).

I won't try though with my OS X TeX mailbox, as it's currently
containing 23572 messages!

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>