[OS X TeX] X11

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 27 19:04:54 CEST 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Rodrigo Banuelos wrote:

> I am sure the following problem has come up (and solved) before
> but I have not been able to find it in the list. I installed Tex
> (using
> Gerben Wierda's i-installer) on a new machine before installing
> Apple's
> X11.  Now, when I type "latex", "tex" or xdvi on an X11 terminal I
> get back
> "bash: latex: command not found," and the same for the others.  I
> know this
> to do with bash vs tcsh but, what is the permanent solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Rodrigo

Howdy,

I think the easiest thing to do is run the configuration for the TeX
i-installer package again now that X11 is installed.

By the way, you might want to install Ghostscript, etc., again since
they get special X11 configuration if the installer detects the
presence of X11.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>