[OS X TeX] Double spacing in Memoir

Rick Zaccone zaccone at bucknell.edu
Tue May 24 22:04:38 CEST 2005

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I've been looking and can not find the method of getting double
>>>spacing in my documents using Memoir.
>>>
>>>I assume this is possible. I may be wrong. Any suggestions
>>>gratefully received.
>>>
>>>George L Ghio
>>
>>The Memoir class does not support this directly.  The otherwise
>>excellent manual is not clear about this.  Use the setspace package
>>to do it.
>
>Or simply
>\renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{2.0}
>
>There's also a doublespace package (see LaTeX Companion).
>
>Gérard

The doublespace package is mentioned in the first edition of The LaTeX
Companion, but it is dropped in the second edition because it is
obsolete.

The setspace package is a better choice.  For example, (this is from
the .sty file):

- Double spacing is turned off within footnotes and floats (figures
  and tables).

- Proper double spacing happens below tabular environments and in
  other places where LaTeX uses a strut.

- Slightly more space is inserted before footnotes.

Rick
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>