[OS X TeX] texti2html

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 24 01:12:55 CEST 2005

Le 23 mai 05 à 23:52, Tim Brophy a écrit :

> Thanks for the advice. I thought I had installed it properly and
> everything I have needed up to now, for the last few years, has
> worked like a dream. I will install again.

A first possibility is that you have installed Tiger in Archive &
Install mode, in which case the invisible directories such as /usr/
local/ have been moved along with the former OS to /Previous Systems/
Previous System 1/.

Another possibility is that TeX itself is OK, but the two files /etc/
csh.login (for tcsh) and /etc/profile (for bash) have got erased or
damaged. /etc/profile, for example, should contain, in a healthy TeX
setup, additions such as those:

## setloginpath added /usr/local/bin start at Mon May  9 10:53:19
CEST 2005
## Do not remove the previous line
if [ `whoami` != "root" ]
then
   PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin"
   export PATH
fi
## Do not remove the next line
## setloginpath added /usr/local/bin end at Mon May  9 10:53:19 CEST
2005
## TeX modifications start at Thu May 19 11:06:43 CEST 2005
## Do not remove the previous line
if [ `whoami` != "root" ]
then
   PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current"
   export PATH
fi
## Do not remove the next line
## TeX modifications end at Thu May 19 11:06:43 CEST 2005

If they don't, but TeX is still there inside /usr/local/teTeX, then
you simply have to reinstall GhostScript and run the Configure stage
alone of the TeX i-Package (making sure CLI Activation -- that is
addition of the TeX directories to the default path -- is checked).

HTH,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>