[OS X TeX] Latex programming

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Sun May 22 18:10:36 CEST 2005

Hello

Sorry for my bad english language..

In a folder (FA) i have some files f1; f2; f4; and f5

I would like to compile all the files of the folder

The next code works with success :

with the packages  ifthen and calc and  with a modification of my
texmf.cnf file

\newcounter{max}
\setcounter{max}{6}
\newcounter{nb}
\setcounter{nb}{1}
\whiledo{\value{nb}<\value{max}}{%
\InputIfFileExists{FA/f\thenb}{}{}
\setcounter{nb}{\value{nb}+1}}

I need \InputIfFileExists because there is no f3 in the list of files.

Now i would like to compile only the files f1 and f5.
\newcommand{\set}{1,5}

I try to modify an example of the Guide to Latex (fourth Edition
Kopka-Daly ) page 439
this example uses internal commands and : "Since they are still
internal commands, they are not guaranteed for all future updates".

\newcommand{\set}{start,middle,end}
\@for \xx:=\set \do {This is the \xx.}

but this example don't work :( problem with \@for

I search an answer...