[OS X TeX] strange pdflatex behaviour

Alessandro Languasco ale.languasco at poc.it
Wed May 18 17:20:46 CEST 2005

     Dear all,

today on a Pbook 12 inches of a colleague of mine (with 10.4.1 and
texshop 2.02) I noticed the following strange behaviour.

Typesetting using pdflatex an easy file like this

\magnification=2000

this is a trial file

\end

instead of obtaining a magnification of the fonts,
I had a shrinking of the page in the upper left corner.
It was as the \magnification command was used as a magnification
factor of the page instead of the fonts.

Switching to tex+ghostscript the behaviour is correct.

It is really strange since the installed teTeX-TeXShop
system of the colleague of mine was newly installed (the 2004
Gerben version) few minutes before and I and other three colleagues
have the same installation  and there's non problem.

It seems to me a problem of pdflatex in combination with Tiger pdf-
routines.

Any other people had analogous problem?

Best regards,
     Alessandro