[OS X TeX] LaTeXiT

Pierre Chatelier pierre.chatelier at club-internet.fr
Wed May 18 16:20:36 CEST 2005

Hello,

With Maarten Sneep's snippet example, I am more and more convinced that
a good solution will be found using pdflatex instead of the
latex/dvips/epstopdf toolchain.

>> Do you also plan to make a study on how to magnify a document to a
>> particular font size ?
<snip>
> There are some dirty tricks, using the \resizebox command.
In fact, I finally thought that since we are generating PDF, we could
delegate the magnification to the LaTeXiT application. MacOS X's APIs
certainly do that very well.

A last trick that seems a problem to me :
in your snippet example, we find
$\displaystyle
...an equation...
$

\displaystyle is here because it seems that $$...$$ or \[...\] are not
allowed.

This is a problem : since we are asking the user to simply typeset some
LaTeX source code, without bothering of the complex part of the
document, the user may want to typeset :
Hello $$world$$

And then, by pasting that into the template source code, it would not
work because of the $$.
Why is this $$ refused, and is there some way to enable it ?

Regards,

Pierre

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>