[OS X TeX] Crossrefs in BibDesk?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed May 18 15:42:14 CEST 2005

On May 18, 2005, at 02:41, Stephen Anderson wrote:

> I see BibDesk has reached the 1.0RC1 stage, but as far as I can
> tell it still doesn't support cross references.  This makes it
> unusable for me, because (like many others, I suspect) I have large
> bibliography files organized to avoid duplication of information
> when several articles are from the same collection.

Just to be clear: BibDesk supports items with the crossref field just
fine.  You can add it, edit it, and save it.

> I think I once found some discussion about this in a BibDesk news
> group, and it sounded like something people were fairly clear about
> how to implement, but nothing had actually been done.  Is there any
> chance that this feature will appear at some point?  I'd REALLY
> like to use this application....

Nothing has been done, or will be done for version 1, because we (the
developers) have no clear idea of what people who use this feature
want.  It's unfortunate that BibDesk is unusable for you, although I
know a number of people (myself included) who are using BibDesk with
large files.

If anyone has suggestions for crossref, please note them in this RFE
to we can track the issue  <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1175264&group_id=61487&atid=497426>.

--
Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>