[OS X TeX] Re: TIPA Problem, 10.3.9

Kenneth Beesley beesley at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 15 10:58:15 CEST 2005

On 5/14/05 4:31 PM, "Kenneth Beesley" <beesley at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

<snip>

> I seem to be having problems with the TIPA package  I get the
> following output
> complaining about the inability to make xipa10.600pk, and the
> resulting PDF file is unreadable.

On 14 May 2005 17:04:24 -0500 Herb Schulz responded.

I believe that the tipa type 1 fonts are not enabled by default although
they are present in (at least a recent) gwTeX. To enable the fonts go
into
Terminal and run the command

sudo updmap --enable MAP=tipa.map

and then your administrator password. After that run

sudo texhash

End Quote.

Herb,

Many thanks for your help.  Your incantation didn't quite work for me,
but I searched and found some similar advice from Gerben, namely to
invoke

sudo updmap --enable MixedMap tipa.map

And that did the trick.  I'm back in business.

Thanks again.  This list is great.

Ken

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>