[OS X TeX] Line thickness in TeXShop preview (and Preview.app) on Tiger

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu May 12 11:18:21 CEST 2005

It seems that in TeXShop's preview window on Tiger (hence with
version 2.02) the thickness of lines, as produced by underlining or
in tables, varies: some lines have (what looks like) one pixel
thickness, while others have two pixels thickness.

This appears to be connected with the magnification: at 100% or 200%
all lines have the same thickness, but when the PDF document isn't
displayed at an integer multiple of its original resolution, for
example with 150% magnification, the thickness starts to vary. Local
rounding artifacts when mapping from the document resolution to the
screen resolution, when the two are no integer multiples of each other?

Preview.app exhibits the same behaviour, thus it seems to be
connected with Apple's routines used by TeXShop. I was accustomed to
this behaviour in OzTeX, but don't remember seeing it in TeXShop
before Tiger.

Screenshots here <http://homepage.mac.com/bvoisin/FileSharing4.html>.
(Sorry for the "-zip.zip" extensions, I've no idea of how it got
there and tried everything I could think of to get rid of it, with no
luck.)

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>